Making your own homemade tortillas at home is easy and delicious. Here’s a basic recipe to get you started:
To make a homemade tortilla, you will need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- then stir in the vegetable oil.
- Gradually add the water and mix until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for a few minutes until it becomes smooth.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out each dough ball into a thin circle, about 6 inches in diameter.
- Heat a large, dry skillet over medium heat.
- Place one of the dough circles into the skillet and cook for about 30 seconds, or until bubbles form on the surface.
- Flip the tortilla and cook for another 30 seconds, or until it is lightly browned.
- Repeat with the remaining dough circles.
Enjoy your homemade tortillas! You can serve them as is, or with vegetables and beef mix.
Leave a Reply