Okro : Health Benefits of Okro / Lady’s fingers
Okra is a versatile vegetable found around the world. in some places, it is known as Okro, gumbo, bhindi, or Lady’s fingers.
It is often used for making soups, stews, and sauces, but can also be eating raw as a snack.
Nigeria uses it for the famous Okra soup and ogbono- mixed okra soup.
Okra is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber and is more than just a food; it is also a medicine. Here are some of the wonderful health benefits of Okra.
* Okra helps in weight management and it’s good for people on a weight loss or fitness journey. This is because 100g of raw okra pods contains 30 calories and also has lots of dietary fibers that give you a feeling of fullness.
*Okra is great for pregnant women because it contains folic acid which is needed for the formation of the neural tube of the fetus.
* Okra is a good laxative and aids bowel movement.
* Okra is great for the skin and hair. Cut some okra pods and boil in little water until the juice mucilage begins to come out. Strain out and add a teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply the mixture to the hair and wash it off after 10 minutes. Your hair will feel stronger and have more glow to it.
* Okra helps cure diabetes
* Okra Promotes colon health
* Okra boosts digestion
* Okra relieves cough
* Okra Improves eyesight(vision)
* Okra Helps to cure and prevent Constipation.