Jollof Rice can be prepered in different ways,depending on your choice/time as an individual. Here i will be showing you the simplest ways to to prepare your jollof rice at home without stress. As we all know that jollof rice is a common food that can be found mostly in every country. Jollof Rice is a dish made with rice, tomatoes, tomato paste, onions, red bell pepper,salt, and spices depending on what you can afford and how tasty you want the dish to be.
Jollof Rice is mostly used in some part of the world for EVENTS such as Wedding,Birthday Parties,Child Dedications Marriage Ceremonys etc that is because is a simple sweet dish that anyone can not resist.
Needed Ingredients For Prepareing Jollof Rice
2 cup Rice
3 tbsp Tomatoes paste
2 Fresh Tomatoes
3 Fresh Pepper
1 Red Bell pepper aka Tatashe
3 Bay Leaf
1/2 cup Veg Oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 Knorr stock cube
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp All purpose seasoning.
Preparation Process (Steps to prepare jollof rice)
- Parboil the rice for 20 minutes,wash and set aside
- Blend your tomatoes, red pepper, fresh peppers in a food processor or blender for about 45 seconds, make sure that everything is blended well.
- In a medium sized pot, heat your oil on medium-high heat. Once the oil is heated add the onions you set aside and fry just until they turn golden brown. Once the onions, have turned brown in color add the tomato paste and fry for 2-3 minutes. Then add the blended tomato mixture (reserve about 1/4 cup and set aside) and fry the mixture with the onions and tomato paste for about 30 minutes. Make sure you stir consistently so that the tomato mixture does not burn.
- After 30 minutes, turn the heat down to medium, and add the chicken stock. Mix and add your seasonings (salt, curry powder, thyme, all purpose seasoning, and the Knorr stock cube). Continue to boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the parboiled rice to the pot. Mix it very well with the tomato stew. At this point if you need to add water so that the rice is level with the tomato mixture/chicken stock go ahead and do so. Add the bay leaves, cover the pot, and cook on medium to low heat for 15-30 minutes.
- When the liquid has almost dried up add the remaining tomato stew, cover, and let it cook for another 5-10 minutes heat until the liquid has completely dried up. Turn off the heat, mix thoroughly, and your Jollof Rice is ready to be eaten!